Problem...solved!

Okay, I have noticed that since running time became the time of the day I have the most mental activity, I can solve about one problem per mile; sometimes two if I have had enough coffee. This morning I was on a roll! I solved the world's energy crisis, global warming, the cost of gasoline, and made a pretty big dent in the housing decline. As I did not have paper and pencil handy to make all the critical notes, I have since forgotten half of what I thought about and know that the other half is impossible from an engineering and economic standpoint. However, I was completely and utterly entertained for my run.

I do jest but on a more serious note, I do get to think about a lot of things that effect my life and the life of my kids, husband, students, and those with whom I share my time during the day. I talk to myself about what's bothering me and why; what I can or can't do about it and all of the little things over which I have no control. It's a pretty cheap therapy session and a great way to focus on so many things. As a teacher of pre adolescents, some of my best lesson plan ideas have come from my daily running sessions as I love to share music with my students and running affords me the time to evaluate some amazing lyrics. Sharing thoughts and interpretations is a great way to find common ground; just like chatting and blogging about running is a great way to share a love of health and maybe a touch of crazy.

So today, I say thank you "Dr. Run" for the time you have given to my continued sanity. Let's chat again tomorrow and see how many crises we can muster through, together!

Cheers,
Stacy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust and Drivers

January 2, 2018...a great day to begin again.

Balboa Park 8 Miler; A new annual tradition